Wednesday, April 6

Weight Loss Update and Little Chit Chat

Hello to all the beautiful faces around. So as you know, a couple of posts back I proudly shared with you that I am beginning my weight loss journey. Well, that didn't happen. A week ago I've started again and surprisingly enough I'm still doing it and I really don't want to stop. In one week I've lost 1.5 kg and all day today I was thinking is it good enough to write about it in blog. YES IT IS. I know I'm not the only one who is struggling and I just want to say that we are all humans. We make mistakes. We stumble, fall, get up, clean our selves up and move on. But this post is not about that.

As you may or may not know, this spring semester I'm studying abroad. In Chech Republic to be exact. I came here not alone. With my friend and she is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life. Imagine everyday living in a shadow of someone like that. First two months I was here, I won't lie, I was feeling down. Not because I miss everybody in Lithuania, not because it's not fun here (it really is fun), but because nothing changed. Basically I was really excited for Erasmus exchange programme. I though well, different country, different mentality maybe I will be seen differently. Not at all. Everything is the same. Everybody notices only the beautiful people. And it took me two months (actually, it took me almost 21 years) to realise that I am beautiful as well. Everybody is beautiful and your life would change only if you change your attitude, your thoughts and your perspective.

Recently it was my friend's birthday. Same girl's that I was talking about earlier and that was the moment when something changed. I just thought fuck it (pardon for my vocabulary), I want to have fun. And yes I did. I was confident, feeling beautiful and not like I was worse than any other girl in the world. Since then, I try to think like that every single day. In this short time I had so much fun. I'm smiling a lot more, I like to experiment with fashion, I go to gym with positive attitude and even when I'm sweating like a pig I feel that I'm doing something great.

So I guess, what I am trying to say that losing 1,5 kg in one week is a great achievement. Slow and steady wins the race. You should be proud of everything that you do for yourself. Lost 100 grams? Go and brag to somebody. It is still a step forward. Just don't stop until you're healthy and feeling like the best version of you.

I would be really impressed if somebody actually read to the end of this post but if you did, I hope you found it at least a little bit helpful and I can't wait to write another post about my weight loss journey in one week. I  hope you're as excited as I am. Don't forget to smile and love yourself with all of your big heart.


No comments: